Work-Based Learning provides students with educational opportunities that typically cannot be replicated in the classroom. Work-based experiences are designed to connect information learned in the classroom with skills obtained in an occupational setting as an apprentice or intern. Work-based learning promotes improved skills, higher efficiency and the availability of a better-trained labor pool that encourages business growth and productivity. Well-managed work-based learning experiences build confidence in the school system and have benefits for the student, employer, mentor, school, and community.
Mrs. Anita Kinsey – Room B107
Mrs. Kristy Johnson – Room B108
- All 11th and 12th grade students interested in taking Co-Op during 3rd and/or 4th block must have the required application completed and turned in ASAP.
- Students need to report to their assigned Co-Op teacher coordinator (Mrs. Kinsey or Mrs. Johnson) as shown on their schedule until instructed otherwise.
- All students are required to have dependable transportation and a place of employment (internship or apprenticeship).
- Please see your Co-Op coordinator if you have any questions. A mandatory meeting will be announced soon.
- An information sheet is attached to explain how Work Based Learning/ Co-Op students earn their grade.
*Google Classroom codes will be provided by your co-op coordinator.