Work-Based Learning provides students with educational opportunities that typically cannot be replicated in the classroom. Work-based experiences are designed to connect information learned in the classroom with skills obtained in an occupational setting as an apprentice or intern. Work-based learning promotes improved skills, higher efficiency and the availability of a better-trained labor pool that encourages business growth and productivity. Well-managed work-based learning experiences build confidence in the school system and have benefits for the student, employer, mentor, school, and community.
Mrs. Anita Kinsey – Room B107
Mrs. Kristy Johnson – Room B108
- All 11th and 12th grade students interested in taking Co-Op during 3rd and/or 4th block must have the required application completed and turned in ASAP. Applications can be emailed to one of the coordinators below or faxed to 256-543-4251. Students who need to turn in a paper application, will need to email one of the coordinators to make arrangements for delivery and/or pick-up.
- Teacher Referrals Do Not Have To Be Completed At This Time.
- All students are required to have dependable transportation and a place of employment (internship or apprenticeship).
- Have good conduct and attendance on record at GCHS.
- Please email a coordinator if you have any questions.
- An information sheet is attached to explain how Work Based Learning/ Co-Op students earn their grade.