Anita Kinsey Room B107
Kristy Johnson B108
What’s the purpose?
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe.
Who can join DECA?
Any GCHS student that has Mrs. Kinsey or Mrs. Johnson for a Marketing class can join DECA.
We had a great year!
This year we saw growth in membership and enjoyed a year of great experiences.
Highlights from previous school years:
- Visited Samford University and observed a sports marketing class.
- Attended the Titan Learning Labs at the Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tn.
- Attended the Joint Leadership Development Conference at the BJCC.
- Had 16 competitors participating at the State DECA Conference and Competition in Birmingham, Al.
- Attended the Honda Gear-Up Your Career Day at Barber’s Park in Leeds, Al. Students were able to learn about various career options and then watch the Indy Gran Prix 500.
- We had two winners at the State DECA Competition that advanced to the International competition (ICDC) in Orlando, Fl. Haley James received a DECA Award of Excellence.
- GCHS’s DECA club also raised money for MDA and Smile-A-Mile. We also completed two other civic projects on the GCHS campus.
We are looking forward to another great year and will announce the 2019-20 officers and information soon!