The GCHS Beta Club is open for membership for 10th-12th grade students at GCHS!
Here is a quick overview:
– Beta Club is designed for students with high academic and character standards.
– Beta Club is designed for students who want to serve their community and lead by serving others.
– The scholastic requirements for GCHS Beta membership are:
- 10th grade: 90
- 11th grade: 88
- 12th grade: 86
Averages will be taken from 1st and 2nd-semester core class averages from the previous school year.
– Beta Club members are expected to attend monthly meetings and participate in the designated Beta Club service projects.
– The GCHS Beta Club Fees are:
- New Members – $40.00
- Renewal Members – $30.00
*No fees will be turned in at this time! Fees will be requested upon acceptance!*
- If you want to apply for Beta Club, please complete the correct Google Form below.
- There is a new member form, a renewal member form, and a Beta Officer form.
- Old members must complete a renewal member form.
- Only renewal members can apply for a Beta Officer.
- All applications should be turned in via the Google Form. NO applications will be accepted on paper or via email. You must complete the Google Form below.
- All Google Form applications must be submitted by Friday, October 6!
- Please check your school email regularly to see if your request for membership has been accepted.
Beta Club Google Classroom Code: j2ksyqf
*Join REMIND after you receive your acceptance/renewal email:
10th & 11th Grade Beta Members: Please join the Beta Remind – @gchsbetaup (Text to 81010)
12th Grade Beta Members: Please join the Senior Beta Remind – @gchsbeta2 (Text to 81010)
The Beta Creed
As a member of the beta Club and as citizen of my community, state, and nation I believe in and shell strive to promote the principles of:
Knowing that honesty is necessary to the formation of good character, and that the principles of honesty dictate that I not only refrain from acts of dishonesty; but that I perform my duties fully and take advantage of the opportunities afforded me by my circumstances;
believing that it is only right and proper that I should be just and fair in my dealings with my fellowman; that I should condemn no one without giving him a chance to defend himself; and that I should consider all factors before forming an opinion of another’s motives, or before passing judgment upon his actions;
being convinced that the rendering of helpful service to my fellowman is a duty and privilege conferred upon me by my forbears and by my environment, and that I can attain lasting satisfaction only by rendering such service to the best of my ability;
knowing that I must work closely and in a friendly manner with others in this day of highly organized social and economic endeavor; and that I must respect authority and strive at all times to be dependable-if I am to be of greatest helpfulness to society;
believing that full happiness is possible only through full acceptance of responsibility for my actions and for preserving and passing my rich inheritance on to coming generations;
being aware of the of the fact that-if I am to be a factor for progress in my community and a real help to my associates-my mind must be alert to understand and my hands ready to perform promptly and fully the tasks that come my way;
being convinced that humbleness of spirit is the only proper attitude for me to maintain in my relation with my associates, and that such spirit and attitude will make for my own peace of mind and for the well-being of those with whom I come in contact;
knowing that if I am-
tolerant in my appraisal of the ideas of others;
generous in the use of my worldly assets;
considerate of the rights of others;
courteous in my actions toward all alike;
gentle in my efforts to correct errors in others;
kind in the exercise of my duties-
I shall then be better able to contribute to the happiness of myself and others.
Core academic class average
- 10th grade – 90
- 11th grade – 88
- 12th grade – 86
- A member can miss no more than 2 meetings in one school year.
- A member must participate in at least 3 activities in one school year.