The National Honor Society will meet the first Thursday of every month at 2:50 in the library. Attendance is mandatory for all members.
NHS members are required to participate in the NHS Service Projects each year.
Our project for the 2020 semester is Toys for Tots. Each member is encouraged to donate at least 2 toys to Toys for Tots, who will distribute toys to foster children in Etowah County. Drop off locations will be in the library. See Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Solis for details.
- attend Gadsden City High School for at least one semester as a Junior or Senior
- meet an academic requirement of an overall grade point average of 90%
- pay the membership fee and renewal fee
- attend the Honor Inductions Ceremony in the fall
- attend monthly meetings with no more than two absences
- participate in the annual NHS Service Projects
- exhibit and maintain leadership and good character by upholding principles of morality, ethics, honesty, and respect
How to Apply
Make a copy of the NHS application linked below and fill out both pages. Submit the application to Mrs. Ross (email@example.com) by October 13, 2020.
If a student meets all of the requirements to be in the National Honor Society, his/her parent(s) or guardian will receive a letter of acceptance by mail or email in 2-3 weeks.
The NHS new member fee of $25 must be paid by November 3, 2020. The renewal fee for current members who would like to remain in good standing for a second year is $15; the fee is due October 8.
Advisors: Heather Ross and Tiffany Solis