President: Claire Tumlin
Vice President: Zia George
Secretary: Emi Swinford
Historian: D’Quandalon Daniel
The National Honor Society will meet the first Thursday of every month at 2:50 in the library. Due to current social distancing guidelines, all members should email Mrs. Ross firstname.lastname@example.org to join the NHS Google Classroom for meeting information.
NHS members are required to participate in the NHS Service Projects each year.
Our project is Hurricane Drive: Help the Survivors of Hurricane Sally. Please donate at least two (2) of the following items to help: food, toiletries, diapers, cleaning supplies and school supplies. Drop off your items in the boxes in front of the library!
Soon, we will begin taking up donations for Toys for Tots, who will distribute toys to foster children in Etowah County. See Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Solis for details.
- attend Gadsden City High School for at least one semester as a Junior or Senior
- meet an academic requirement of an overall grade point average of 90%
- pay the membership fee and renewal fee
- attend the Honor Inductions Ceremony in the fall
- attend monthly meetings with no more than two absences
- participate in the annual NHS Service Projects
- exhibit and maintain leadership and good character by upholding principles of morality, ethics, honesty, and respect
How to Apply
Make a copy of the NHS application linked below and fill out both pages. Submit the application to Mrs. Ross (email@example.com) by November 10, 2020.
If a student meets all of the requirements to be in the National Honor Society, his/her parent(s) or guardian will receive a letter of acceptance by mail or email in 2-3 weeks.
The NHS new member fee of $25 must be paid by November 3, 2020. The renewal fee for current members who would like to remain in good standing for a second year is $15; the fee is due October 8.
Deadline is November 10, 2020.
Advisors: Heather Ross and Tiffany Solis