NHS members are required to participate in the NHS Service Projects each year.
The National Honor Society will meet the first Thursday of every month at 2:50 in the library. Attendance is mandatory for all members.
- Be Juniors and Seniors who have attended GCHS for at least one full semester.
- meet an academic requirement of an overall grade point average of 90%.
- pay the membership fee and renewal fee.
- attend Inductions Ceremony in the fall.
- attend monthly meetings with no more than two absences.
- participate in the annual NHS Service Project.
- exhibit and maintain leadership and good character by upholding principles of morality, ethics, honesty, and respect.
How to Apply
- NHS applications maybe picked up from Mrs. Ross’s door (B230) in September.
Submit the application to Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Tang by September 19, 2018.
If a student meets all of the requirements to be in the National Honor Society, his/her parent(s) or guardian will receive a letter of acceptance by mail.
The NHS fee of $25 must be paid before Honor Inductions Ceremony. The renewal fee for current members who would like to remain in good standing for a second year is $15.
President: Anne Roberts
Vice President: Landry Stephens
Secretary: Julissa King
Historian: AnnaGrace Gardner