President: Emma Kamran
Vice President: Cadee Whaley
Secretary: Julendria Nowell
Historian: Hughes Green
The National Honor Society will meet the first Thursday of every month at 2:50 in the library. Attendance is mandatory for all members.
NHS members are required to participate in the NHS Service Projects each year.
Our project for the 2019 semester is Toys for Tots. Each member is encouraged to donate at least 2 toys to Toys for Tots, who will distribute toys to foster children in Etowah County. Drop off locations will be in the library. See Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Tang for details.
- attend Gadsden City High School for at least one semester as a Junior or Senior
- meet an academic requirement of an overall grade point average of 90%
- pay the membership fee and renewal fee
- attend the Honor Inductions Ceremony in the fall
- attend monthly meetings with no more than two absences
- participate in the annual NHS Service Projects
- exhibit and maintain leadership and good character by upholding principles of morality, ethics, honesty, and respect
How to Apply
Pick up NHS application from Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Tang in September. Submit the application to Mrs. Ross or Mrs. Tang by September 20, 2019.
If a student meets all of the requirements to be in the National Honor Society, his/her parent(s) or guardian will receive a letter of acceptance by mail.
The NHS fee of $25 must be paid before the Honor Inductions Ceremony. The renewal fee for current members who would like to remain in good standing for a second year is $15.
Advisors: Heather Ross and Kate Tang